Tuesday 30 August 2011

And so it begins...

Good day to you gentle sirs and violent brutes! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. :)

Within these moldy tomes you will find information on all things geek, with an emphasis on Magic: The Gathering.

While I love the game itself, I don't go to many major tournaments, and traditionally only play at local events (FNM / Drafts / Sealed). My expertise these days is on the Finance side of the game, and I have a huge collection with which to trade / sell. (Yes, it CAN be profitable if you know what you're doing!)


"He's bigger than he thinks."

Why ORGG, you may be asking?

When I started playing MTG in 1996, I had the option to buy either packs of Unlimited, Revised OR Fallen Empires. Knowing nothing about the game and hearing that "Ebon Praetor" and "Hand of Justice" were the best cards ever, it prompted me to purchase FE. I never did get a Preator nor a Hand of Justice (my brother got a HoJ though), but I sure did get a few Orgg to throw in the trash bin! It wasn't until an early tournament (mono-color) when I got the beats by the beast that I started to appreciate him, and it spawned a ton of Black / Red decks featuring such undercosted fatties as: "Goblin Mutant" & "Orgg" with spells like "Paralize" and "Word of Binding" to allow them to attack. It was called: "The Orgganizer", and much fun (and rage on the part of my friends) ensued.

I also appreciate that when Orgg got "trained", he got a LOT worse. Like in life, sometimes "more" isn't "better".

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Cheers,
Carl Szalich



1 comment:

  1. The only things that do not apply to the "more is Better" outlook on life are STDs/STIs unless the STI is actually a Subaru Impreza WRX Sti then more IS better....but really kids...nobody likes a dirty dink so keep it clean!

    ReplyDelete