Monday 26 September 2011

69 Player Innistrad Pre-Release!

What an incredible Magic weekend!

I hope you all enjoyed your FNM & Innistrad Pre-Releases this past week. I can’t remember another time when I have seen so many Magic players at a “casual” event. I know that L.A. Mood broke their attendance record with 69 participants. Worlds Away had a crazy 20 person midnight draft and 50 more players at their pre-release. I think we gave out more new DCI #’s this weekend than in all of history combined!

Check out this full house @ L.A. Mood on Sunday!


Eugh... Humans!

And they were upstairs as well! There was no escaping us magic geeks!

Claustrophobia City!

Great time guys! :)

I know, I know. You all want a story about your hero (me!?) and how I rolled my opposition like a fat man down a steep hill. How I dream crushed them so badly, that they are ashamed to show up again to do battle with their fellow Planeswalkers next FNM. How my Iron Fist of DOOM choked the life right out of them along with their dignity!

How about a different story?
A story about me going 2-4 drop and crying myself to sleep? Lol.

I can’t remember the last time I did so poorly, but such is life! That’s the beauty of sealed… anything can happen! Lucky those losses won’t affect my DCI rating. Planeswalker Points ARE good for something after all… preventing me from going on tilt, that is! It’s funny because I won my first 2 rounds, only to lose my next 4 in a row and drop before round 7. Humiliating! Haha

Not much really to say except that I stank up the joint REAL bad. My deck was a steaming pile of excrement, and I was not playing my best. My curve started at 4cc because it was all I had to work with, so I was normally half dead before my first monster came out.

In an ironic twist of fate, Paul Dobbs was dong AMAZING and was 3-0-1 after round 4. Unfortunately, he had to leave for his Granny’s bday so dropped! All my hopes and dreams were on him to win a few packs for us to minimaster, and he let us down… DAMN YOU DOBBS!! :P

Hopefully we’ll have this kind of consistent turnout from here on out! It’s pretty hurtin’ for us older guys though (aka: Me) when we have to do 7 rounds… I’d better be sure to drink my boost, take my calcium pills and bring a fresh pair of depends to the next one! Lol

Cheers,
Carl

NOTE:

CHRISTINA MARCHIONI & CTRLMJOLLNIR!!
Could you please send me an email to: cszalich@hotmail.com?
I’d like to get you your prizes but your Google profiles have no info ;).

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment